Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mah Birfday



It was my birthday this past Sunday. I love my birthday. I've seen that as people get older, they tend to dislike reminders of that fateful day when they popped out of the oven, bloody and screaming. But I still love it. I woke up to a balloon and streamer covered house, although I forgot to taste the crepe paper streamers (why do we do that? We know it tastes like shit, we've known since we were 5 years old, but we do it anyway...such is the human condition I guess). My girl made me blueberry pancakes with Cool Whip and served me bacon from The Most Kick-Ass Bacon Dispenser In The World. We had the "Itis" pretty bad, so a two hour nap was next on the agenda. Some present opening followed, which included this amazing offering from one of the greatest movies ever made:



Yes! The Big Lebowski action figures. I've been wanting these for the past year! She got me "Hoodie" Dude and "Special Mission" Walter. Now I'm on my own special mission to "collect 'em all", as Mattel might say. They're even coming out with Donnie and The Stranger action figures sometime in the near future. I'm abnormally excited about this for my age, which is a good indicator that I'm only as old as I feel...and most of the time I feel about 12, so I'm cool.

Later, we went and had some dinner, and then I was presented with (and this is for the record) the best birthday cake I've ever had in all my years on this planet. It even beats the airbrushed KISS cake I had when I was 15, which has been the benchmark for awesome cakes up until now. It held the record for over 20 years, only to be finally outdone by something that didn't even have icing. Now that's sayin' something.

Anyway, the evening ended as most successful birthdays do, with somebody crying, burned, and bloody in the basement. Oh happy day!

10 comments:

DreadUnitySteve said...

The Big Lebowski... probably tied with Super Troopers as my favorite comedy ever. My jaw dropped when I saw that you got the action figures. We are all only as old as we feel. Happy late birthday, man.

Anonymous said...

how odd my b-day was wed the 27th and on sat my girlfriend threw me a surprise 30th bbq it was cool any way happy bday.........................shane playle

The Angry Twins Fan said...

Happy Birthday. I took your advice and picked up "I'm a Lebowski, You're a Lebowski." I'm a huge fan of the movie, but never heard of the book. So far it's great. How about a Lebowski Fest here in the cities??

Anonymous said...

I love birthdays!! Mine was the 26th but I practically celebrated all of August and I'm still getting presents and taken out to dinner! It's awesome! I feel "almost (semi) famous" this time of year! anyway--Happy Birthday to you and I'm glad it was a good one! Those pancakes sound kick ass!!

Anonymous said...

holy crap that cat is huge (I mean big boned)...very cute though...happy late birthday, sounds like you got spoiled which is always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about this cake. I suppose my name is quite fitting in this particular instance, as I am inquiring about cake whilst eating cake.

:)

deadened-glow said...

Happy Belated Birthday Banks!
Normally on birthdays (belated even) for some people I make a special birthday gift. If you are interested in a special gift, I will make it for you. However, all I need to know is what your favorite colors are and the screen resolution of your computer screen.
Interested?

Anonymous said...

Your cat is the size of your pinata.

Anonymous said...

Lebowski is now available in a special edition bowling ball. You should check it out if you haven't seen it already. The special edition, not the film. On that note, the new Coen Brothers film, Burn After Reading, looks like it may be to the closest thing to Lebowski since Lebowski...

Anyway, I enjoy reading your blog. Happy Belated Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday! I hope the basement was properly spruced up before the bloody fun, as everyone knows that basement sprucin' is essential to any sort of messy, smoking, effed up fun! :D

-k-