Saturday, August 23, 2008

This Is My Rifle...

...these are my guns. My girl got a new camera recently, somebody asked for a picture of my Taurus, and Boom (pun intended) ! Instant blog.



This is my Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. It's accurate, very smooth for a .45, and just plain looks fucking cool. A "Saturday night out on the town" gun, if you will.



This is my Glock 23, my daily carry gun. It's a .40 caliber compact. An absolute workhorse; ultra reliable. Austrian engineering at it's finest. Nothing too special here. If you've seen one Glock, you've seen 'em all.



And, I'm going to the Renaissance Festival tomorrow and no, I don't plan on buying any pewter wizard figurines or jester hats. Due to being dragged to one in Calabasas, California against my will when I was 11 or 12 by my mom, and the fact that I've known one too many persons that seem a little too into it (and I mean, weirdly into it...they lived solely to tour and/or attend it every year, and their fanaticism and cliquish Ren-Fair-Sir-Milady speak, especially in a coffee shop at 3am, just made me feel uncomfortable and itchy), I have obvious reservations. But I'm sure I'll have a good time. I can fuck up a turkey leg, that much is certain. And I'm looking forward to some silent judging, and mental note-taking regarding any Solo cups, "No Smoking" signs, or "miladys" taking Camel Light breaks. Do they have Leeching Booths? Now that I'd dig.


If I go to sleep right now, I'll get 6.5 hours.


Goodnight.



















3 comments:

DreadUnitySteve said...

Bad ass, thanks for throwing pictures up here. I love that Taurus, that thing is gorgeous. A true pimp's handgun! The glock, as you said, once you see one, you've seen them all, but it's still pretty sweet. Another good gun that may be up your alley is the SigPro .357, it was made for the French police, and there's definitely a reason why. The power is incredible.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, them .357Sig rounds are pretty stout.
me, I'm a .45ACP guy.
here's a link to my Kimber:
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/268/att5422012zw4.jpg
Mr. Famous, What holster do you use when you carry? I have a CompTac MTac for the aforementioned Kimber that I absolutely love. I really like the Inside the WaistBand carry method.

Chad Hanks said...

I've got a Binachi Agent X-Harness that my brother gave to me. I got a Blackhawk pancake belt clip for it, but it just seems to stick out too much. Unless you're really looking for it, the harness is invisible under a Dickies button up.