Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Racist Sheep

Things I Ate At The Minnesota State Fair:

-Elephant Ear
-Sno-Cone
-Macaroni and cheese on a stick
-Tater tots on a stick
-Deep fried Twinkie
-1/2 a Pronto Pup
-Bacon on a stick
-Chocolate covered bacon (affectionately termed "Pig Lickers")
-About 15 chocolate chip cookies
-1/2 a quart of 2% milk
-1/2 a steak sandwich
-Deep fried Oreos
-Alligator sausage on a stick
-4 different kinds of rootbeer and 1 fine sarsaparilla (the vendor of the "German" root beer didn't find it amusing when I told him that I was expecting him to just give me one ice cube and then glare at me)
-1 Kaliber non-alcoholic beer

Not bad for 8 hours of work. Especially after the midday cookies put me out of commission for a solid two hours.

In the 12 years I've lived in Minneapolis, this is the first year I've attended the state fair. Thousands of articles from thousands of media outlets have spoken of state fair experiences, so I really don't need to comb through it too extensively. Tickets for the rides and games disappear like socks in a dryer. The freakshow was depressingly bad; "Geek Love" and my imagination ruined it for me. And this really threw me off for a second:



I thought I had walked into a giant clan rally for sheep. The reality isn't nearly as funny. The hoods and robes just keep their wool clean.

Well, I'm off to Winterland Studios to continue work on the Wrecking Day CD that I'm producing. Just in time to hit traffic...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you liked "Geek Love" as well, eh? Looks like I'm going to leave it up to you to give me book recommendations.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, but that's what they wish you to think about the sheep. Really, they're covering the fact that the sheep are moose.

A MØØse bit my sister once.

Anonymous said...

I like those black sheep hiding out in the back!