Thursday, August 21, 2008

READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT

Dig it.

Like I said before, I don't want this blog to be, in any way, just an extension of my band's Myspace page or official website. This is a fully functioning separate entity. Here I can talk about anything and not care if you like it, hate it, or think I'm an idiot for mentioning it. There will obviously be band related things hammered on, because, well, my baby is a large part of who I am. But if I choose to do 750 words on killing the millipedes in my basement for 8 posts in a row, I don't want to have to care if you think I'm not keeping you "updated" enough about the rock.

I have almost 30 comments waiting to be OK'd right now, and I'm not sure if I'm going to give them the go ahead. I'm not even sure if I want people to be able to comment. This is a content driven exercise. Whether you can see your comment and feel cool about it does not enter into my vision. That's cool, I guess...but this is not the vehicle for that. That's what those travesties called Myspace and Facebook are for. Almost every comment I've got on hold mentions the name of my band, the name of our albums, my god-given name, or some reference to knowing me. But this...this is not a conversation, or an instant message; a forum or an irritating chatty social network for people to keep tabs on me or my band. This is me blathering on. Exit. Not entrance. Give. Not take.

If you've noticed, I have kept proper names out of this blog, as far as my personal and professional life, and I intend to keep it that way. The words "blah blah blah" are not uttered anywhere on this blog, as neither are my bandmate's names, or even my real name.

Do you follow? Or do I just sound like a dick? If you follow, then any comments from here on out should be having a different tone to them. If I just sound like a dick? Then go here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to "hear" that you're happy and healthy....you are truly an amazing artist...naturally you have a gift that allows you to follow your dreams.....some of us unfortunately, have to sit through hours of costly classroom lectures to achieve our dreams...take care.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you already know this, but you ramble entirely too fucking much. And you bitch about the most trivial things. I don't think I've ever personally known anyone that is as egocentric and as self-conscious as you are, and I've known a lot of people. Granted, I don't personally know you, but that is definately how you present yourself in your interviews and blogs. That said, I think that makes you a pretty extraordinary human. Either one of those attributes usually make for an intolerable person to listen to, and you seem to have embraced them and twisted them to your own personalized characteristics. Like a fellow commenter said, "you have a gift," and you put it to use in the most productive way possible. As your band's most patient fan, I appreciate your creativity, your dedication to your music, and your subtle misanthropy.

Anonymous said...

For someone who is happy hanging hooks in a closet for the love of his life, you sure sound pissed off.

oddity said...

I feel guilty for wanting to pry in to your blog to see what happens in your life. Like a filthy voyeur. For some reason, I find your thoughts, actions, and the experiences you share to be absolutely fascinating.

I apologize for my peering eyes.

Anonymous said...

As I sit here
Brokenhearted
Trying to shit
Alas! I farted.

the#7th said...

i have an admiration for the things you do, say & express through your blog and other outlets. i must say that you truly are an individual of compelling integrity.

Profligate said...

dude, i lost my whole fucking weekend killing millipedes, centipedes and spiders at my new place. I did a bunch of googling and ended up getting something called Great Stuff to seal off the room and DampRid to drop the humidity. Hope that helps?