Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Maiden Voyage

I didn't think too long about starting this blog. The "why's" and what have you. I actually stumbled upon Eric Avery's (ex-Jane's Addiction) blog on here, and figured if it's good enough for a semi-recluse genius like him, I could struggle to swim with greatness...trying to keep my head above the oxygen line.

I wanted somewhere where I wasn't tied to band "updates": when are we playing Minneapolis? (not soon), when are we going to be back in the U.K.? (no idea), how's the new record coming? (slowly and steadily), do we wanna smoke out with you when we get to (insert US city here)? (no, we do not)....you rock blah blah blah...it's flattering, but it all starts to run together after awhile.

However, I wanted to be able to bitch about industry related bullshit while also detailing what has become a very happy and contented personal lifestyle. Since I don't think anyone on my band's Myspace page gives a shit that I spent this early afternoon hanging hooks in my closet for my wonderful girlfriend's massive and ever-growing purse collection...well, hopefully you understand.

So, yeah...there's that.

No comments: