Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labels

Going through the almost 150 submissions I've gotten for singers (not counting the ones that were so unarguably bad that they were deleted right after I finished scratching my head in disbelief), I thought I'd share the labels I've got going to keep track of the submissions:

- Deathy
- Eh...Didn't Hate It
- Good "Singers"
- Good Heavy Voice
- Good Heavy/Sing
- Good/Bad
- GREAT Singing Voice (sadly, there have been only one of these)
- Greg Moog (if you're in the know, you'll see why this is kinda amusing)
- Heavy
- Hell No
- I Like This Guy A Lot
- I Like This Guy Too
- Industrial!
- Interesting
- Kinda Like This Guy
- Malleable?
- Nope
- Not Metal
- Probably Not
- Sing-y
- Sounds Interesting
- Wha???????

The good news is that we have locked onto one guy in particular. He's got 10 of the demos as of this writing, and the first thing he sent back was basically right on the money. He's also got an interesting pedigree, both musically and personally. And let me tell ya, after receiving golden turkey submissions like "The Badly Recorded And Even Worse Performance YouTube Karaoke Video Featuring 'Bodies' By Drowning Pool", I was starting to get sort of worried.

So, yeah, I'm pretty stoked. It's nice to give someone a song, and a few days later hear vocals on it. It's been so long, I almost forgot what that sense of teamwork and completion felt like. I'll be honest though...it's kind of a bummer every time I change the MP3 tags to "**Formerly AHC".

Eh...it'll pass.

9 comments:

EibmoZnEimad said...

It is splendid to hear of some progress so soon. This new guy better be as good as you are making him out to be. Hopefully, with his "interesting" personal pedigree, he will not be in and out of rehab. The fifty or so of us patient AHC fans that are left are waiting eagerly, albeit cautiously. On a separate note, you posted the blog at 3:33.

Nic said...

Did I not tell you to stay away from Moog!? *sigh* We both know its going to be him.

Chad Hanks said...

Jesus, Damien...50? Low blow, sir.

And Moe, it ain't Moog. I think that just on principle that would be not okay. Besides, I heard his new band and they sounded pretty fuckin' good for this wasteland (yeah, I said it) of heavy music we call Minneapolis.

Shayla R Cakes said...

I wish you guys luck. I'm excited to hear what comes next and who you select as your mouthpiece. Much love.

Unknown said...

You are a winner Chad. You can do no wrong.If you put half of the effort and passion you have for your music you will once again be right back on the path of greatness.Buy those blue-blockers cause your future is bright.

EibmoZnEimad said...

Mr. Hanks, you must have overlooked the word "patient" in my statement. There are an abundant supply of Head Charge fans out there, but they were(?) the revolving door type - they need new material every year, no matter how pathetic of an attempt is made. Anyhow, I'm sure you may have thought this same thought, but maybe people were sending hilariously horrible submissions for a chance to get some of the "formerly AHC" songs.

Unknown said...

I think it's fairly simple. You guys still have the drive to make shit happen and all you had to do was make the decision to drop that axe. The ball will roll quickly now. I'm very excited for you guys (and us, the fans). By the way, saw y'all in Charlotte a couple years ago and, even though the crowd was tiny, you guys really got me off. Thank you.

Kaela said...

I'm really looking forward to hearing a new vocalist, and new material from you and whoever else is playing with you! I don't doubt that whatever you throw out will be worth listening to.

Best wishes on finding the right guy for the job,

Kaela
(Once upon a time: Weezle)

Unknown said...

Hell-o there! As many stated before me, we're patiently waiting for new AHC material. Or... whatever the new outfit should be named. Personally, I don't think that you should change the name... because for me, AHC was always more than a band... an institution! Hope to see you guys playing live net time around. Greetings from Zagreb, Croatia.